Following a regular, extensive review earlier this year, AJRCA’s accreditation has been reaffirmed by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Within the Commission’s letter to AJRCA leadership, it made some specific recommendations and noted:
“In taking this action to reaffirm accreditation, the Commission confirms that the Academy for Jewish Religion California has addressed the three Core Commitments and has successfully completed the two-stage institutional review process conducted under the 2013 Standards of Accreditation. Between this action and the time of the next review for reaffirmation, the institution is encouraged to continue its progress, particularly with respect to student learning and success.”
The Commission specifically commended the Academy on its:
- Transdenominational approach, nimble structure, diverse faculty models, and individualized attention to students it serves;
- Institutional mission that provides a model for others at a time of significant change in religious higher education;
- Clear mission that is widely understood and embraced by AJRCA’s various stakeholders and that emphasizes contributions to the public good;
- Demonstrated commitment to self-reflection, transparency, assessment and broad engagement of stakeholders; and
- Dedication and devotion of the board, administrators, faculty, and staff to carry out the mission of AJRCA and to ensure a positive learning experience for students.
Thank you to all who took part in this process and to all of the members of our community for your on-going support.