Meet the New Class: Jennifer Bunde

With the start of the 2018-19 school year upon us, we are highlighting members of the incoming class of students. Click here to see all of the articles in this series.

Today we’re talking with Rabbinic student Jennifer Bunde, who started her AJRCA journey this past spring.

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Bunde

Q1) Where do you live?

Galesburg, Illinois (west central part of the state)

Q2) How did you first hear of AJRCA?

From a rabbi friend.

Q3) What was it about AJRCA that drew you to enroll here?

I have wanted to become a rabbi for a long time. Until now, I didn’t think that was possible because I live in a fairly remote area. I was so excited to read that AJRCA has a low residency program! I also love that it’s a transdenominational school, where I can learn with Jews from all different backgrounds.

Q4) What were you doing prior to enrolling?

I am the mom of four young kids, ages 9, 6,5, and 4. They keep me pretty busy! This year, they will all be in school, so I now have the time and ability to pursue this dream. I also love doing crafts of all kinds, I volunteer teach a weekly music program for area children, I’m the principal of my temple’s religious school, and I’m also the temple board secretary. I love being a part of a small temple (we’re about 30 people) and I hope to serve other small congregations during my career.

Q5) As you embark on this experience, what are you most excited about?

The learning! Judaism feels like this never ending well of knowledge. I am so excited to explore my faith more deeply. I’ve had a chance to get to know some of my classmates, and I’m so excited that I’ll be on this journey with such amazing, loving, and caring people.

Welcome Jennifer!