Chaplaincy Opportunities in the U.S. Navy

On November 5, 2018, we welcomed Lt. Daniel Menza, Chaplaincy Representative, U.S. Navy Chaplain Programs, for a Lunch & Learn. You can watch his presentation here:

More infornation on our guest, Lt. Daniel Menza:

“I commissioned through NROTC at New York Maritime College in 2011 as a Surface Warfare Officer. I served aboard the Destroyer USS Preble in San Diego, California from 2011 to 2013. I then transferred to Norfolk, Virginia where I served aboard the Frigate USS Elrod in 2014. I was reassigned to Great Lakes, Illinois From 2015-2016, where I was stationed at Recruit Training Command, the Navy’s only Enlisted Basic Training Center (Boot Camp). In 2017 I moved to Los Angeles, California to begin two years of service as a Naval Officer Recruiter.

I currently work with an Active Duty Navy Chaplain who oversees Chaplain Recruiting across the Southwest United States, Hawaii, and the Pacific Rim. If he is available on November 5th, I will certainly invite him along.

I would like to talk to your students about the Opportunities that Navy Chaplaincy has to offer. This includes a Graduate program for students who are currently pursuing a Theological degree, as well as full-time and part-time employment opportunities for Religious Ministry Professionals. Chaplains serve an integral role in ensuring the mental, moral, and spiritual readiness of our military Servicemembers and their families. They serve in traditional ministry roles: conducting worship, performing religious rites and ceremonies, and counseling individuals who seek guidance. In their position, Chaplains will also advise leaders at all levels regarding morale, ethics and spiritual well-being.”