Meet the New Class: Sarah Bollt

With the start of the 2019-20 school year upon us, we are highlighting members of the incoming class of students. Click here to see all of the articles in this series.

Today we’re talking with Cantorial student Sarah Bollt who has already taken a few classes at AJRCA.

Q1) Where do you live?

Tucson, Arizona

Q2) How did you first hear of AJRCA?

I know two colleagues from Tucson who graduated from AJRCA: Rabbi Cantor Avraham Alpert and Cantor Bryce Megdal.

Q3) What was it about AJRCA that drew you to enroll here?

The biggest draw was the online program, the fact that I can continue my job(s) and my life in Tucson, take classes online, and not have to uproot myself to go to school. It also helps that Los Angeles is only a day’s drive away, so in-person visits are not too difficult. The weather in LA is also much more friendly than the weather in New York!

Q4) What were you doing prior to enrolling?

I worked for several years as an Interpreter for the Deaf in the public schools, and then began interpreting in Jewish settings. Eventually, I transitioned to office and website work, and I began developing a second career as a cantorial soloist. Currently, I work as Clergy Assistant at Congregation Or Chadash in Tucson (I also maintain their website), and I serve as Cantorial Soloist at the Institute for Judaic Services & Studies at Saddle Brooke. I sing with a couple local vocal ensembles, and I also sing with a klezmer band, Klezmerkaba.

Q5) As you embark on this experience, what are you most excited about?

I’m very excited to meet the other students and immerse myself in learning. I can’t wait for classes to begin!

Welcome Sarah!

One thought on “Meet the New Class: Sarah Bollt