Meet the New Class: Ari Einhorn

With the start of the 2020-21 school year upon us, we are highlighting members of the incoming class of students. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with incoming Rabbinic student Ari Einhorn.

Photo courtesy Ari Einhorn

Q1) Where do you live?

San Francisco, CA.

Q2) How did you first hear of AJRCA?

A friend of mine attended almost 20 years ago, so it’s been sitting in the back of my mind as an option for a long time.

Q3) What was it about AJRCA that drew you to enroll here?

I’m impressed with the variety of backgrounds of both students and staff. I like that there is loyalty to learning and to relationships above any denominational loyalty.

Q4) What were you doing prior to enrolling?

This past year I was a CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education/Chaplain) Resident. I’ve worked all kinds of jobs from Law Enforcement to teaching English as a second language to dog training to working as a librarian. I also have a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree!

Q5) As you embark on this experience, what are you most excited about?

Rabbi Levi Yitzchak of Berditchev, the Kedushat Levi, commenting on Exodus 25:9 (‘Exactly as I show you, the pattern of the Tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, so shall you make it.’), says that this means that in every generation, when we want to build the Temple, the structure should be in accordance with the prophesy that is attained at that time. The details of the structure change but the presence of the Holy remains with us, nonetheless. Every way of leading is different, and every way is a necessary part of building the Temple of us. I’m most excited about being a part of a school that encourages my traditional creativity, and that will be with me as I learn to lead in a way that is beautiful, and is right for me.

Welcome Ari!