Meet the New Class: Avigayil Levy-Yochanan

With the start of the 2020-21 school year upon us, we are highlighting members of the incoming class of students. Click here to see all of the articles in this series.

Today we’re talking with incoming Rabbinic student Avigayil (Avi) Levy-Yochanan who has already taken a few classes at AJRCA.

Photo courtesy Avigayil Levy-Yochanan

Q1) Where do you live?

I live in San Diego CA

Q2) How did you first hear of AJRCA?

I heard about AJRCA while I was searching for a Rabbinical program.

Q3) What was it about AJRCA that drew you to enroll here?

I noticed that some of the Alumni from AJRCA were respected members of the community that I knew or had heard of. I loved the flexibility of online or in person learning. I also wanted a very warm and welcoming diverse academic community. During my tour of the campus at AJRCA, I was impressed with their kindness and loving environment as well as academic expertise. Applying to AJRCA was an easy choice for me.

Q4) What were you doing prior to enrolling?

Prior to applying I was involved in the awareness of rare disabilities in children.

For fun I was hiking and training for my first marathon. Best of all I was enjoying a lot of time with my husband and children.

Q5) As you embark on this experience, what are you most excited about?

I am most excited about meeting people from diverse backgrounds, learning and working together towards meeting our academic goals.

Welcome Avi!

One thought on “Meet the New Class: Avigayil Levy-Yochanan