Meet the New Class: Judy Weintraub

With the start of the 2020-21 school year upon us, we are highlighting members of the incoming class of students. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with incoming Rabbinic student (and recent AJRCA Chaplaincy program graduate!) Judy Weintraub.

Photo courtesy Judy Weintraub

Q1) Where do you live?

Los Angeles, CA

Q2) How did you first hear of AJRCA?

I initially heard about AJRCA through friends and the Jewish Journal, and Vered Hopenstand a professor there, and a fellow member of Temple Beth Am.

Q3) What was it about AJRCA that drew you to enroll here?

I was very attracted to the chaplaincy program, as well as the faculty, who represent all streams of Judaism.

Q4) What were you doing prior to enrolling?

I was a health advocate and motivational speaker. I had recently completed a short personal documentary film. Prior to that I was an adjunct associate professor at USC in the field of Special education, and also worked as an early intervention specialist with young hearing impaired children and their families.

Q5) As you embark on this experience, what are you most excited about?

Now that I have completed my chaplaincy studies, I am extremely excited as I embark on my path toward rabbinic ordination, a long-held dream.

Welcome (back) Judy!

4 thoughts on “Meet the New Class: Judy Weintraub

1. You are an inspiration! May your studies enrich and deepen the true “rabbi” you already are! You are such a special friend! Love you! Marion

2. May your studies enrich and deepen the Rabbi you already are to the world! You are an inspiration and a wonderful friend! Love you….Marion

3. You look so Rabbinic in this fabulous picture! Mazel Tov! As far as I am concerned, you are already an amazing Rabbi, and now you will deepen your knowledge and understandings to receive the official title to go with your rabbinical Nashama and Kavannah. You are an inspiration! Love you…your friend, Marion