3 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Abby Gostein

With our 2021 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Cantorial Ordinee and Graduate Abby Gostein

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

I’m feeling excited and ready to take all I’ve learned with me as I continue to serve the Jewish community.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

At AJRCA I experienced a wonderful comingling of varying Jewish perspectives – the true embodiment of machlochet l’sheim shamayim מחלוקת לשם שמים, argument for the sake of heaven. Learning amongst committed Jews of many denominations opened my eyes to new views that greatly enhanced my learning experience.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

I didn’t know what online learning would be like, especially musically, and was surprised by how natural and comfortable it was – I did not feel like the learning was “less” than it would be in person. I found strong community could be formed with my classmates, even from a distance.

Congratulations Abby!

One thought on “3 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Abby Gostein

1. Abby, knowing you, I’m sure you added a great deal of that strength to your learning community. Mazal tov to you and your classmates. With love from Aunt Bette