4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Deborah Lewis

With our 2021 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Rabbinic Ordinee and Graduate Deborah Lewis.

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

A mixture of relief, excitement and sadness. I am relieved that I have completed the program and excited to be “Rabbi Lewis” – to be officially launched as it were. It also means that I will be more removed from my student colleagues and administration, that part is sad.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

If you need a way, you will find a way. I really felt as though I needed to continue my education, including Rabbinic Ordination, AJRCA made that possible for a second career individual. When I really needed a way, they made a way.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

Rabbinic School is only the beginning.

4) If you could go back in time and tell your pre-AJRCA self one thing, what would that be?

Don’t try to take all the classes that interest you in the same semester, there is time. It will all be fine, breathe.

Congratulations Debi!

4 thoughts on “4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Deborah Lewis

1. Rabbi Debi,
    I embrace all you have to share and teach. I am proud to be a part of the tribe. You are patient ,kind and filled with chesed, loving kindness, rachamin, compassion and as you go in your way to a land you do not know, you will find your way, because there is a way. You will not be alone
    Congratultions!!!
    Lenore

2. Rabbi Debi,
    You have already brought so much to our community: compassion, Jewish knowledge, wonderful ideas, energy and the willingness and creativity to find a way and make it happen. We treasure you!
    Katherine Koch