4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Linda Bernstein, PharmD

With our 2021 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Master of Jewish Studies Graduate Linda Bernstein.

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

I am excited about reaching this first milestone in my Jewish educational journey. I will be continuing on in my cantorial studies as a Cantorial Intern of the Cantors Assembly and in the AJRCA Rabbinical program.  I also look forward to eventually beginning my internships which will provide real life experience.  I have enjoyed being part of the AJRCA community and making many new friendships. I admire all of my fellow graduates and wish them well.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

I am now able to read Torah and Haftorah for Shabbat and holidays, along with the megilot, which, while I have had some exposure to in the past, is now an important skill that I can use going into the future.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

I am surprised that I have been able to return to being a student, in a field so different from my pharmacy background and yet feel that I can flourish.  This is thanks to my AJRCA professors who are very encouraging and instill a “can do” attitude.

4) If you could go back in time and tell your pre-AJRCA self one thing, what would that be?

I would tell my pre-AJRCA self that your journey may not be the one you expected, and yet you will grow from it and embark on a fulfilling path of learning. I say this because initially I never intended to pursue a Master of Jewish Studies nor to become a rabbi.  I was “cantor-focused” and yet, this led me to exploring new paths and tapping into talents that were yet to be cultivated.

Congratulations Linda!

One thought on “4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Linda Bernstein, PharmD