4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Amiel Monson

With our 2021 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Rabbinic Ordinee and Graduate Amiel Monson.

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

Excitement, a sense of completion. It’s hard to believe that this time has come. Six years is a very long time, especially in my case where I began in California, did my last year in Las Vegas and Albany, NY. I am really proud of all my fellow graduates from the 2021 class. It’s really nice to be graduating with so many talented and accomplished people with a wide variety of skills.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

The entire year of CPE. It changed me in a lot of ways. CPE helped make me a more empathic listener, it taught me how to improve and provide for myself before I can help others, and the Verbatim’s, interaction with my classmates, and CPE retreats matured me as a person and as a future Rabbi.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

A full sense of open-mindedness and appreciation for all types of Jews. Our common bond is our love for Judaism, our uniqueness comes from the way each of us approach Judaism differently. But we all respect each other and each other’s beliefs.

4) If you could go back in time and tell your pre-AJRCA self one thing, what would that be?

Take more of a variety of classes beyond Rabbinics and the Rabbinical requirements. Take advantage of your one-on-one dialogue with your classmates, professors, and administrators, challenge yourself even more to master The Tanach.

Congratulations Ami!

5 thoughts on “4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Amiel Monson

1. We are overwhelmed by the thought of “Rabbi” Amiel Monson.
    It is much more than pride, and much deeper than love.
    It is closer to awe.

Mazal Tov to Ami , and special praise for Manya.

A special shout out to Moshe and Ravi.

We are ecstatic!

Abba and Fani

1. Mazal Tov Mazal Tov to AMI (and michael)!!! You will be a wonderful Rav! And can’t wait to continue to follow your path in the future thru all the Lights! Sending love and good wishes!
      Warmly, Marcia and Rick

2. Mazel Tov! You worked very hard to achieve this and the Korins congratulate you. You will bring a lot of wisdom and support to many.

3. Mazal Tov, Rabbi Ami! We are watching your ordination right now and feeling great pride in your amazing accomplishment. We are very happy for you and wish you the best of luck!