4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Jonah Sanderson

With our 2021 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Master of Jewish Studies Graduate Jonah Sanderson.

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

My emotions are a mix of anticipation as well as high expectations. As I move to North Carolina to work in Gastonia at Caromont hospital, I anticipate a big move and saying goodbye to family and supporters. I have high expectations for the community that I will both embrace as well as the one I will build.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

As Rabbi Mel says: any way is a way as long as you make it a way! He also taught me to slow down and smell the roses.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

Stan Levy helped me embrace my learning differences and for that, I am grateful!

4) If you could go back in time and tell your pre-AJRCA self one thing, what would that be?

If I could go back, I would tell myself that coming out about my learning experiences earlier helps not only me, but everyone!

Congratulations Jonah!

6 thoughts on “4 Questions with…Our 2021 Graduates: Jonah Sanderson

1. Kol haKavod Jonah as you move forward and unfortunately move away . Congratulations to you and your family !

2. Jonah,
    Mazal Tov on this wonderful achievement. Wishing you all the best and continue success.

3. Jonah, you have so much energy and commitment. I look forward to watching you grow into your new role.

4. Dear Jonah,
    It’s been such a satisfying experience observing you evolve, from a separate individual into a religious community leader. May you go from strength to strength and bring light to the world.
    Mazel tov!