Leora Kerness

Meet the New Class: Leora Kerness

With the start of the 2021-22 school year upon us, we are highlighting members of the incoming class of students. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with incoming Rabbinic student Leora Kerness.

Leora Kerness
Photo courtesy Leora Kerness

Q1) Where do you live?

I live in Jacksonville, Florid.

Q2) How did you first hear of AJRCA?

My rabbi knew about my beliefs regarding denominational Judaism, and pointed me in this direction.

Q3) What was it about AJRCA that drew you to enroll here?

I believe the future of Judaism is not in denominations, but rather in togetherness and spirituality. I want the training and education in all aspects and ways of practicing Judaism, not just reform or conservative.

Q4) What were you doing prior to enrolling?

I teach high school American Sign Language. I still teach as I embark on this journey. I also love to sew masks and quilts, sing at Temple, and play with my cat Oogia.

Q5) As you embark on this experience, what are you most excited about?

I have wanted to be a rabbi since I was very young. To finally see my dream coming into reality is extremely exciting. I am excited to learn from the incredible faculty and with the students at AJRCA.

Welcome Leora!

2 thoughts on “Meet the New Class: Leora Kerness

1. I have known Leora since she was a child. She is smart, loving & will be an incredible rabbi. I’m so excited both for her, Judaism and the world of which she will be a positive change.

2. You are a sensitive, gifted, caring, beautiful young woman and will be such an asset to the Rabbinate, as you hav been along the way on your journey. “Life is a journey”. May yours be full of great memories, wonderful experiences and enrichment. YASHER KOACH!!