4 Questions with…Our 2022 Graduates: Amy Katz

With our 2022 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Cantorial Graduate Amy Katz.

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

I feel overjoyed to finally reach this milestone! I have been on the long, slow boat, and we are finally docking!! And, I also feel PRIDE–proud to be finishing, proud to be a graduate of AJRCA, and proud to be part of this community going forward.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

AJRCA has been a place where I have found traditional and creative expressions of Judaism interwoven, and it’s the interweaving I love best of all. We do not need to label ourselves “traditional” OR “creative.” We can be 100% both.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

I had no idea that the year of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) that I took would be such an important part of my AJRCA experience. Even now, I still find myself imagining being with my cohort and talking through various pastoral situations. Even though that particular cohort is no longer offically together, we still are.

4) If you could go back in time and tell your pre-AJRCA self one thing, what would that be?

It’s going to be as good as you hope it will be!

Congratulations Amy!

One thought on “4 Questions with…Our 2022 Graduates: Amy Katz

1. Mazaltov Amy!
    You have worked long and hard to reach this moment. We are so fortunate to have you share your many talents with us.
    You fill us with pride.
    B’Sha’a Tova
    Batia Swed and Marty Schwartzman