4 Questions with…Our 2024 Graduates: Davina Aeryn Bookbinder

With our 2024 Ordination-Graduation ceremony approaching, we are highlighting members of the graduating class. Click here to see all of the posts in this series.

Today we’re talking with Rabbinic Ordinee Davina Aeryn Bookbinder.

1) With the ceremony approaching, what emotions are you feeling?

Honestly, I’m feeling like I just finished a 10-year marathon! I’m exhausted yet overjoyed, and I’m excited to finally begin the next chapter of my life as a rabbi.

2) What is one learning from your Academy experience that you will take with you after graduation?

My experience at the Academy taught me to never give up and that with the right people supporting me, I can accomplish great things.

3) Is there anything you learned at AJRCA that truly surprised you?

I was surprised to learn that there are rabbis, cantors, chaplains, and teachers who are open-minded, compassionate, forward-thinking, and committed to growth and change and that it is possible to both hold our 3000-year history in one hand and the future in the other.

4) If you could go back in time and tell your pre-AJRCA self one thing, what would that be?

If I could go back in time I would tell him that it gets better and that someday he will be a proud, loved, badass female rabbi.

Congratulations Davina!

One thought on “4 Questions with…Our 2024 Graduates: Davina Aeryn Bookbinder